Saturday, July 3, 2010

Another Itch Scratched

I attended a workshop at Eva's last Monday. 

Great company, lovely tutor, very nice afternoon tea... and an itch scratched.  Enamelling is NOT for me.  I dont like its imprecise nature... its something that no matter how good you get at it, you cant control exactly how it will turn out.

Too many variables with heat, thickness of powder, impurities on hands... erk... the work done by everyone else was lovely... but its something I would need a lot more practise at...so shelve that and move on vbg.


The last picture below is not all my work...Eva's is the one with the bee, Lucy was the disc with the fluer de leis that you can really see... mine is the one that is raised embossed... NOT what I was supposed to be doing lol

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you.
    Pleased that I have done enameliing, but, won't be doing it again.
    Lovely day though!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The enamelling was a great day Love seeing you again.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creations-looks like such an interesting process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bevlea, I am with you on that one. It was great to play and see what was involved, but its all too fussy for me as well. So nice to finally meet you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments... they make my day... see.. you just made me smile :)