Monday, July 25, 2011

Trentham Falls

Last Saturday I headed up Dayslesford way with my sister... we where heading to Trentham Falls..... with a short stop at Woodend for morning tea where we found Bourkies Bakery.  Best coffee and pastie I have ever had... and we bought some of their famous Vanilla Slices to take home for afternoon tea :-)

The pathway to the bottom of the falls was closed, and while it was easy work to get over the fence, I decided on caution being the better part of valour as the track was so muddy, I could picture myself making record time to the bottom (with several broken bones lol)

Falls were awesome, and totally running .... we could hear the falls from the carpark, and they were a great sight...

Trentham Falls
After the falls we took a walk through the botanical gardens at Daylesford.. lovely gardens, very, very established... its obvious they havent been touched by bushfires.. but it was soooooo green and mossy there I don't think a fire would stand a chance lol
Fernery at Gardens


Trees along side of scenic drive.. note the moss!!


And cupcakes to take home for the kids!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and Carol had a fab time Bevlea. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments... they make my day... see.. you just made me smile :)