Friday, February 24, 2012

Arty Times


"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way"



Charles DickensA Tale of Two Cities


The first weekend of February, I journeyed up to Tocumwal on the Murray for a fun ' BFF' weekend with Barb, Lucy and Glenda.. 

I made a name plate for my sister, Barb and Glenda made one each for themselves (I had made my own on a previous trip), and Lucy, whose muse had deserted her entertained us with chatter and wit :-)
desk name plate.. thankyou Mr Lucy for cutting the mdf houses and boards for us :-)
We had a fab time making art, eating, drinking and taking the mickey out of each other... it was a wonderful fun filled, supportive weekend with good friends that I'll treasure.. we enjoyed ourselves not knowing how close we all were to our lives changing forever.

Last morning, all ready to head back to our regular lives...... blissfully unaware
On the Monday we all headed home, Barb towards Bendigo to spend time with her parents and Lucy, Glenda and myself back to Melbourne.  Barb didn't quite make it - having a major car accident just outside of Bendigo, but she survived and is on the road to recovery.  (full story on the accident on  Barb's Blog)

Treasure each moment and take none for granted.. and yes, tell your significant other and friends how much they mean to you.  You really never do know what's around the corner.











1 comment:

  1. Love the name plate Bevlea. Would love to make one myself...I just have to find a desk long enough to fit my name...lol
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments... they make my day... see.. you just made me smile :)