Thursday, May 30, 2013

Playing with Textures

Some time ago I signed up for a Collaborative swap on the Yahoo group ArtyOz.  Our  brief was to make pages in the style of Seth Apter, that will be bound into one of Tim Holtz's new book covers.  As we had 13 players I had to make 13 pages.... all are mostly the same.. being that they were never going to be identical due to the proces lol.

I started with watercolour paper and gesso'd both sides... then painted them with a mix of blue and green.
When dry, I painted some Anaglypta wallpaper I have here with gesso and lightly pressed it onto my pages (thats the streaky white markings).  I then made the criss/cross lines in paynes grey with the side of a peice of box board (also called chipboard by scrappers but its not wood). Added some coffee cup circles in gesso

I painted the surface with matte medium and then added the newspaper and music paper, then another coat of matt medium over the top.  Next up I added some stamped images using Archival Dk Brown and Black inks.  Sprayed with Dylusions Dirty Martini, sealed with spray sealer then added the words and edged with charcoal pencil and finished off with a few scrawls in a fine line black marker and white posco pen.
 ++
Had a lot of fun making them... as Finnebair said in a recent class... 'turn your brain off and your hands on'.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pages Bevlea, looks like the new room, bought out a new or revived mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling over these ATC backs! Just LURV this juicy green!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments... they make my day... see.. you just made me smile :)